Sunday, February 6, 2011

Are You Applying Your Makeup Correctly?

I get asked a lot how to properly apply eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara. So in honor of those of you who are wondering if you're doing it the right way, I'm listing some of my makeup how-tos. Enjoy!

Splurge vs. Steal Perfumes, Plus, Best Valentine's Day Fragrances

Wednesday January 19, 2011
Fragrance is like wine. You can actually score a nice fragrance for under $30 or you can spend more than $300 on your favorite scent knowing that bottle will last a long time.
This week, writer Cathy Helbig lists the best splurge and the best steal perfumes. You'll find the leading luxury fragrances and their less costly -- as Helbig writes -- "doppelgangers."
Also check out:
  1. The best winter 2011 perfumes
  2. Cathy's list of her favorite fragrances for teens
  3. The best perfumes for Valentine's Day (send this list to your husband)
Image: Chanel No. 5 by Pricegrabber

25 Makeup Tips for Older Women

Sunday January 16, 2011

Back in November, 2007, I wrote a blog post detailing a few makeup and hairstyle tips for older women and the comments flew in from happy women begging for more. (Read that blog post here).
In honor of them, I've compiled my 25 best makeup tips for older women. Find out how to conceal wrinkles, crow's feet, crepe-y lids and a double chin. In honor of the upcoming William and Kate wedding, I've pictured the ever-gorgeous Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.
More must-reads:
  1. Hairstyles for women over 55
  2. Is your hairstyle aging you?
  3. What happens when I have the spider veins removed from my legs?
Photo: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall by Dan Kitwood, Getty Images

Announcing the Readers' Choice Awards: Nominate Your Favorite Beauty Products

Thursday January 13, 2011

If you are like me, you have your absolute favorite mascara, moisturizer, lip gloss and shampoo. In fact, just this week my friend Olga called me from San Francisco asking what eyeshadow she should buy and I told her the brand I loved and she headed to the department store today to try it out.
Now you get to nominate your favorite beauty products in the Readers' Choice Awards. Nominations opened today across About.com and on the Style channel, you get to plug your favorite hair, makeup and skincare products plus much more. I'm hosting the department store brand awards (click here to make your vote), but there are other fun topics as well.
Here's a round-up (click on the nomination form to place your vote):
No matter who you are or what you do for a living let your vote be heard! The nomination period opened today and will close on February 4th at midnight (EST). We will then tally the votes and show the top 3-5 from each category. Then you get to vote on your favorite from the top products nominated. So help your favorite product or line make the cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment