Sunday, February 6, 2011

Beauty

Nothing screams, "I am vain," quite like someone who reeks of cologne or perfume (in fact, I prefer men fragrance-free). So where to spray and how to properly do it without fumigating everyone on the elevator? I like to spray perfume in the air and then walk into it. I also dab a bit on the back of my wrists, knees and neck.
You should never rub, because rubbing crushes the molecules of the fragrance and could ruin the scent. Some beauty editors only spritz the inner elbows and behind the knees because the fragrance stays a little moist and it turns out fragrance works best just a little bit humid.
This week, my esteemed colleague and About.com's fragrance expert, Cathy Helbig, shares how to apply fragrance so it lasts longer. Check out "How and Where to Apply Perfume So It Lasts Longer." I absolutely love her Coco Chanel quote.
You might also like:
Sponsored Links
Beauty Tips in UrduRead latest beauty and makeup articles in Urdu language.www.urdumania.com/women
Looking For Beauty Fairs?Don't Miss The Turkish Booth See The Turkish Touch To Beauty!TurkishCosmetics.org
Anti-Aging Skin CareTried Copper Peptide Yet? It works! Strongest Copper Peptide AvailableNCNProSkinCare.com

From a Texan's Perspective, OPI's New Texas Collection Doesn't Disappoint

Monday January 31, 2011

I was born and bred in Texas and like most Texans, I'm very proud of my home state so when OPI announced that in February, it will be launching a new collection of shades based on the Lone Star State, I was thrilled.
The shades, created around the colors found in the state's varied topography (greens, browns, pinks, coral, silvers and metallic turquoise) don't disappoint. Known for their kitschy names, OPI has gone all out with this collection. See a slideshow of all the new shades and let me know your favorites in the comment section below.
Available in February, visit the OPI Website for more information.
Image courtesy of OPI

Best Eye Creams; Plus, a Few Anti-Aging Tips

Saturday January 29, 2011

It seems everyone I know over 35 has one question for me when they find out I'm a beauty editor: What anti-aging products do I recommend. Since the first signs of aging are around the eyes, people usually want to know about eye creams. So I've compiled my list of favorite eye creams from fancy and fabulous to the best deals at the drugstore.
Everyone wants to look 5-10 years younger than they are (just like everyone wants to be above-average, right?), so aside from wearing eye cream, here's how to do just that...
  • Prevent wrinkles. Wear sunscreen every day even when it's cloudy. See my list of the best sunscreens.
  • Fix the wrinkles you have by using a prescription retinoid like Renova or Retin-A. Retinoids boost collagen production. See "Is Retin-A the secret to youthful skin?"
  • Give your skin life with antioxidants. Antioxidants such as Vitamin C cream repair what has been damaged by sun exposure, smoking, the natural aging process and more. There's more on antioxidants in "How to get rid of wrinkles."
  • Slough off dead skin on a weekly basis with a scrub made for the face. Check out my list of the best scrubs.
  • It's very important to choose cleansers, moisturizers and a skin care routine based on your skin type. Use products formulated for dry, oily or combination skin and if you have sensitive skin, consult a dermatologist on the best skincare routine for you. See my lists of the best cleansers and moisturizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment